Saturday, January 31, 2009

16 Things About Me (or how I was tagged)

I was tagged recently by the lovely 'Fiddlestix' from my flickr world.  I have to post a photo of myself and 16 things about me.

Here goes:
  1. I love to play my guitar and sing.  I'm not amazing, but the people who love me like it
  2. I have a beautiful son, 19 now, who's away at University
  3. I live in the mountains with my man (who I love).  This is us at the Salvia in Cancun earlier this month.  There's a sketch of that rock behind us here on this blog that I painted from this deck.  That's the wind blowing us around; not some weird style requiring copious amounts of hair product and styling tools!
  4. I like it here on the mountain, but I miss the city life.  I suspect we'll move back in the spring
  5. I have a birthmark on my calf that is exactly the shape of Italy
  6. I think it's a sign.  There it is in this old sketch from my PV book
  7. I love Indigo Girls music
  8. I've done a few triathlons
  9. I was a cheerleader in high school.  Don't tell anyone
  10. I speak Spanish pretty well and just enough French to get into trouble.  I've done language immersion courses in France and in Puebla, Mexico, and have lived and worked in Mexico a couple of times and in Quebec for a little bit.  I like studying language.  There are loads of good language learning podcasts on my iPhone that I listen to when I'm at the gym or in my car  
  11. I was a regular on a TV exercise show a million years ago.  I was one of the girls in the back row.  Kind of a throw back to my cheerleading days I suppose
  12. I've been married
  13. Twice
  14. I have a cat named Truman.  He's trying to sit on my hands right now as I type
  15. I graduated from design school.  That's where I developed an interest in art and rendering
  16. I'm a bit of a Scrabble addict.  My mom is my favorite challenger
Bonus item: We have hair salons and beauty stores that sell copious amounts of hair product and styling tools. ;-)

Thanks for asking, My Fiddlestix!  Sorry it took me so long to respond.




 

No comments: