Saturday, May 23, 2015

Taphouse Chalk Boards

A girl can build up a mighty big thirst doing this kind of work. I'm really enjoying doing these chalkboards in the comfort of my studio.  These are for the Taphouse in Surrey. It's a very cool bar (and soon to be even cooler with the addition of these boards ;-). Stop by for a drink to check them out. And a pickle. And a personal poutine.  You know you want to. 
I did some printing today as well.  Here's a look at the studio as I was leaving at the end of the day. 
Busy place. I'm loving it. Stop by!  No pickles or poutine though. 
A couple of other art news tidbits. I've had work accepted to a few very cool juried shows this summer. I'll be in Animal Farm at Citygate in July, in the Small Smaller Smallest show at the Federation Gallery in june, and in Re-semblance at the Ferry Building Gallery in June/July. I'll be doing the Harmony Arts Festival Arts Market again this year, and I also just found out I'll be part of the Toni Onley project in Wells this summer as well. 10 days of total art immersion with 2 amazing mentors while tent camping in the most amazing setting ever. Busy summer!  Just the way I like it ;-)

1 comment:

Benjamin J. said...

I really like these chalkboards you're doing. I'm imagining you do a rough sketch on paper first.
I'd love to see or hear more on the process of the design on em.