How to spend a perfect rainy Vancouver day?
1. Take the Skytrain to Waterfront
2. Buy a Japadog from the cart outside the train station (if you don't know what that is, come to Vancouver immediately and get one. It's a game changer)
3. Eat it on the run, dodging raindrops and the pokey bits from other peoples umbrellas
2. Meet up with the Vancouver Urban Sketchers meetup group
3. While away a couple of hours curled up in a pub with an old friend from college (hi Inez) sketching the soggy blend of grays that is the convemtion centre.
4. and this is the best part: Get together at the end with the whole group and see everyone's sketches.
It was an awesom array of scenes in different mediums that collectively told a story better than any one image could. There were lots of us, maybe 20 sketchers, and the range of styles and choice of subject matter was interesting. Wish I'd taken a picture of all the sketchbooks together. And, it's just fun to be around other creative types. Very inspiring all around. A big thanks to the organizers, like Sigrid, who make it all happen.