Thursday, May 6, 2010

Crayon Memories

I bought this pack of crayons to fix a divot in my parents cork floor.  We picked them up at the Bargain Store in Kelowna.  The floor is dark brown, and by melting a little of the black and brown crayons, mixing them together to get the right shade, and feathering it into the hole, the divot was magically returned to its original state.

The box of crayons kicked around my art bag for months, just waiting to be noticed.  And now, like rediscovering a childhood friend, we're having great fun playing together EVERY SINGLE DAY!  The smell of them reminds me of Mrs. Cumisky's playschool; plastic farm sets and trampolines, riding my Mom's hardwood floor polisher, running down the back lane barefoot, trying to build up the callouses on our feet.

Do you remember your first box?

3 comments:

Marthann's Musings said...

I love, love this picture. Actually I love all of your pictures. Coloring is also one of my favorite non-thinking type things to do, so thanks for the opportunity. Your work is wonderful.

Sketchalina said...

Thanks Marthann! Happy coloring.

พิบูลศักดิ์ ละครพล said...

Yes,I remember my first crayon