Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Recycled Fruit

Day 24: Draw a Piece of Fruit.

We were out all day, first visiting Yogi at the hospital, then at work, and then at the funeral of one of Greg's hockey buddies (very sad).  We went for dinner with friends afterwards and got home late, tired, and with no fruit in the house for me to draw for the May Challenge.  It was dark out, so no going down the elevator and drawing the Giant Peach concession stand in front of our house either.  I'd done this watercolour sketch of it  a while back, so I pulled it off the wall and reprised it.  I was laughing at myself as I hit the upload button on flickr at 11:59.  Just like college days.

This peach is such a cool thing.  The opening each year marks the start of beach season.  There's a bikini clad sunbather in the original, but I clothed her and gave her a buddy in this one.  It's too early in the season for solo sunbathing.

Here's the original.  Now that I see them side by side, I think I'll add a little more crayon inside the peach.  It needs to be darker.

1 comment:

Marthann's Musings said...

Oh how clever of you. I would never be that smart. Glad your puppy dog is doing better. Love the peach stand idea.