Thursday, May 27, 2010

Day 25: Draw a Glass - The kind you drink from.  That'd be one of these.  I was going to put the UB40 lyrics in this sketch, but after asking Greg if he remembered exactly what they were we both found ourselves droning over and over "Red, red why-e-eye-e-ine, goes to my heh-e-eh-e-ed".  I couldn't do that to any and everyone who ever looked at this.  So, it's Lord Byron instead.  This excerpt is from a poem called  LINES INSCRIBED UPON A CUP FORMED FROM A SKULL  It's worth a read.  It's here if you're interested. 


Thanks for the Yogi inquiries.  For those of you who're interested, here's the update.  He's home.  Surgery was successful.  Getting around is pretty tough; he can hop but he gets tired and sad - big woeful eyes.  I've been carrying him everywhere - all 75 lbs of him.   We're a sight in the elevator, huge cone like a bonnet on his blonde head, limbs sticking out everywhere as I wrap my arms around his middle and try to keep him hoisted off the ground.   Oh well, it is what it is.

3 comments:

Capt Elaine Magliacane said...

Glad to hear Yogi is home, and that his Mom is getting her exercise lifting a 75lbs dog. My dogs hate the cone head thing, and quickly learn to hit each other and me with the thing...
Give Yogi a smooch from me.

Marthann's Musings said...

So glad to know that Yogi is home and well. Was so concerned. My dog trainer heart was showing. Beautiful painting also.

Sketchalina said...

Thanks Elaine, Marthann, and thanks for caring about Yogi! He's bouncing back so much faster than I thought. Must be because of all the well-wishes ;-).